Sunday, December 05, 2010

Getting Squirrelly with David Sedaris

I love David Sedaris. I first heard of him on NPR. I love NPR, too. Here's when I went to see/hear Ira Glass . . .

Photobucket

It's true what you've heard. David Sedaris and I are good friends.

Photobucket

Well, he doesn't know this, but I think it could be true. Someday. Sometime. Somewhere.

After all, we've met before . . .

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a photo of David before the show. He is behind the curtain, hiding.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(I got to the show waaay early, that's why no one else is there.)

So when I heard he had a new book out, I had to get it.

Photobucket

It's David's first illustrated book, but it's for adults. And get this, the illustrator is Ian Falconer!

Photobucket

I love Ian Falconer, and even have his postage stamps . . .

Photobucket

However, the best part of the deal was, that if you bought the book at Vroman's in Pasadena, you could see/hear David for FREE!!!

Vroman's is so cool. It's where I've had my book launch parties . . .



However, David draws such a big crowd, that if you need a ticket to see him. The first people to buy his book were the first to get tickets. And I got one!!! Still, you had to arrive early to get a good seat . . .

Photobucket

No photos were allowed . . .

Photobucket

So here's not David prior to his appearance . . .

Photobucket

Ah, but it was totally worth it. He was delightful and funny and clever and witty and wise, and had me laughing so hard that I snorted. Snort. See, I'm doing it again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
David Sedaris
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorThe Daily Show on Facebook


Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want some fun? CLICK HERE to visit the Lisa Yee and Son YouTube Channel.

Lisa Yee









height=26 width=132 alt="Google Groups">

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com



Site Meter