Friday, December 31, 2010

Aloha 2011!!!!!

I've had this secret for a looooong time, and now, at last, I can spill the beans!

Recently, I this was shipped to my house . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Yes, it's an American Girl doll, but why did I get one sent to me?

Maybe it's because . . . I AM THE AUTHOR OF THE TWO AMERICAN GIRL "2011 GIRL OF THE YEAR BOOKS!!!!" They're called ALOHA, KANANI and GOOD JOB, KANANI . . .

Photobucket

I'd like you to meet Kanani . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Here's Kanani bonding with Ivy, who's from another American Girl book I wrote, GOOD LUCK, IVY . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Who had to go to Hawaii for a week to "research"? That's right. ME!!!!!

I took surf lessons and learned how to paddleboard (that's my teacher!) in Oahu, and got a special helicopter tour of Kaua'i . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(Yes, it was tough, but someone had to do it.)

Kanani's books are about a girl living in a small seaside town on the island of Kaua'i. I'll be blogging more about the books and how they were created. In the meantime, here's another secret. See that man with the white hair? That's my dad, and today's his birthday!!!!

Photobucket

ALOHA 2011!!!!!

Photobucket

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want to win a free copy of WARP SPEED, Lisa's new book that will debut in March? If so CLICK HERE.

Photobucket

Want some fun? CLICK HERE to visit the Lisa Yee and Son YouTube Channel.

Lisa Yee









Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com



Site Meter