Sunday, October 03, 2010

Seven Years = Seven Books

When I was a kid, it was my dream to become an author . . .

Photobucket

Seven years ago (well, officially on October 1, 2003), my dream came true.

Since then, I've been incredibly lucky. Here are some of the books I have in print . . .
Photobucket

Psst . . . can you find the book that's not out yet? Here's a hint . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

WARP SPEED will debut on March 2011. It's about a Star Trek geek who gets beat up everyday at school.



Marley, the boy in the novel, was a minor character in STANFORD WONG FLUNKS BIG-TIME, and this book is a spin off of the MILLICENT MIN series.

Speaking of MILLICENT MIN, it was my very, very, very, very first book. I was discovered by Arthur Levine . . .

Photobucket

He pulled me out of the slush pile. That means, I didn't have an agent or know anyone in publishing, so I sent in a manuscript and he discovered me.

This is us having an editorial meeting in his New York office at Scholastic headquarters . . .
Photobucket Photobucket

And here we are talking about BOBBY VS. GIRLS (ACCIDENTALLY) and BOBBY THE BRAVE (SOMETIMES) . . .


Arthur also is the man who brought HARRY POTTER to America, and is J.K. Rowling's editor.

Recently, Oprah had an international phenomenon, an incredible talent, and someone beloved my millions of readers, on her show. Yes, Peepy. Oh, and my (practically) best friend J.K. Rowling was on, too . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

So cool that Peepy and J.K. were on Oprah's show. You can CLICK HERE to see clips of the show.

I've never been on it, but one of my books was once on Oprah . . .
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

BTW, want to win an autographed copy of BOBBY THE BRAVE (SOMETIMES)??!!!?!!!
Photobucket

Check out the giveaway details at Goodreads. And ENTER TO WIN!

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want some fun? CLICK HERE to visit the Lisa Yee and Son YouTube Channel.

Lisa Yee









height=26 width=132 alt="Google Groups">

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com



Site Meter