Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Authors and Animators and Illustrators Eat Beans

When last we were together (you and Moi), I was scarin' the heebeejeebies out of Son . . .

Photobucket

But enough of that! On to less scary stuff. Namely, my pal Jarrett Krosoczka.

When last we (Jarrett and Moi) were together, we were eating ice cream in Northampton . . .

Photobucket Photobucket
(Author/National Book Award Gal Jeanne Birdsall was with us, too. Because ice cream always tastes better when Jeanne is around.)

Well, Jarrett has much fun, he decided to travel all the way to Pasadena just to see me!!!! (Oh, and maybe he had meetings and a school visit, too.) BTW, Jarrett's LUNCH LADY series is going to be a movie starring Amy Poehler!

Photobucket



So, a bunch of author/illustrator types decided to get together and meet at the Apple Store in Old Town Pasadena. Peeps and I got there first, so we decided to play around with the computers -- which is a scary thing for all Apple products, everywhere . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Then . . . hooray! Author/illustrator/animator Mr. Tom Warburton showed up. (He was one of our judges once.)

Photobucket

Then . . . hoorah! Author/illustrator/animator Bob Boyle showed up. (He was one of our judges once.) However, he was so busy paying attention to the computers, that he had no idea his gorgeous wife and Mr. Warburton were telling embarrassing stories about him . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Soon, chauffer/friend/author/illustrator Dan Santat brought the out-of-towner in . . .
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And then it was time for fine cuisine at Barney's Beanery. Try to guess which photos are of my office and which ones are of the Beanery . . .
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dinner was a blast! Then suddenly Jarrett leapt up and ran.

Photobucket Photobucket

Why? Was it the beans?

Photobucket

Eew. No. I can't believe you would even ask that. It was because he had the great and grand idea of EATING and PLAYING foosball at the SAME time . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Ah, such fun! However, I had to leave early because I don't have Tivo.

That, and because I don't have a DVR. Or a VHS. Or anything, really, and Ghost Hunters was on. One of their producers had been in touch with me because the show was on the Thurber House, where I had lived when I was the Thurber Children's Writer-in-Residence. And while I was there, yes. I met The Ghost.

Here's Ghost Hunters, and Julia DeVillers and I in front of Thurber House . . .

Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(Julia now lives in RUSSIA!!!)

I would tell you about the ghost, but I don't want you to think I'm weird. I dunno. Maybe I'll write about it someday.

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want some fun? CLICK HERE to visit the Lisa Yee and Son YouTube Channel.

Lisa Yee









height=26 width=132 alt="Google Groups">

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com



Site Meter