Monday, May 17, 2010

Author vs. Editor (or not)

Okay, okay, everyone's been asking me the same thing, "Lisa, what do you use to spike your hair, and also, now that you're back home after fourteen kajillion days on the road, what are you working on?"

Well, maybe it's only my editors who have been asking me one of those things. Here's why.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I had written the three books (above), and then decided to continue the series. Only, I wanted to write about What Happens Next. But not necessarily featuring Millicent Min, Stanford Wong or Emily Ebers, although they are in the next book. (Actually, I'm not sure if this would be a continuation of the series, or a spin-off, or a companion book, or a cookbook, or what.)

The new novel takes place the next school year and features Marley Sandelski, a Star Trek geek from Stanford's book who gets beat up on a daily basis.



That said, when I met up with my editor Arthur Levine in Chicago, he had something for me. YES! My manuscript and his (and Cheryl Klein's) notes about it. Here's what went down . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Later, Arthur was caught comtemplating whether or not it was a good idea to sign me on as one of his authors in the first place . . .
Photobucket

However, I am here to assure him that I am hard at work on the book, 23/7!!!

Photobucket

Um . . . that is, I'm hard at work writing when I'm not at these places . . .

On Tuesday, May 18th, I'll have a guest blog over at TeensReadToo . . .
Photobucket

This Wednesday, May 19th, I'll be doing a live chat about ABSOLUTELY MAYBE and chocolates and whatever anyone wants to talk about over at a READERGIRLZ . . .

Photobucket

And Thursday, I'll be here, so please come by to meet me and the other authors . . .
Photobucket

BTW, if you're on Goodreads and would like to enter a drawing to win an autographed copy of ABSOLUTELY MAYBE, just CLICK HERE

And finally, this has been making the rounds, but it is sooooo worth watching . . .





Lisa Yee

Create Your Badge

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.








Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com



Site Meter