Monday, September 12, 2011

Me and My Mac . . . the Saga Continues

Not long ago I did a Skype talk with/to the San Jose Public Library and it went smoothly and nothing broke!!

Photobucket Photobucket
(That's my office door with the Library sign.)

However, last week, when we were in Tampa, I had Apple/Mac problems. I know what you're thinking . . . "no, no, that's not possible. Not you, Lisa."

But yes.

When I give presentations, I create a library in iPhoto, then download it to an iPod, then place the iPod in a universal dock, then hook it up to my projector, then use a universal remote to play the photos. Got all that?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I even hosted an iPod University to share my knowledge with fellow authors/illustrators . . .

Photobucket Photobucket
(That's Kerry Madden, seated, and Marla Frazee soaking it all in.)

Anyway, at St. John's, technology failed me and I couldn't get it to work . . .

Photobucket

Meanwhile, at home, my iMac was busy self-combusting. Which meant I needed to head to the Apple Store . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

All those blue shirts reminded me of one I recently purchased for Son . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Hmmmm . . . would my Genius hear me?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Yes! Yes, he did. The problem with the iPod? Um, I had it on the wrong setting . . .

Photobucket
(Okay, go ahead. Say it. I know you want to . . . "DUH!!!!")

Sadly, it wasn't so simple for my six-year old iMac. The motherboard was broken and so was the graphics card and the transmission, or something like that.

So I had to get a new one . . .

Photobucket
(That's my Mac PowerBook on top of my iMac. Yes, I am a Mac addict.)

Then I tried to get to proper cables to run my presentation from my PowerBook, in case mess up my iPod again. Only, the Apple Store only had 50% of what I needed -- a special adapter for one end, however I needed an even more special adapter for the other end. So I went to Radio Shack . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Only, they didn't have it either.

Oh well, I special ordered it from the internet. Hope I don't break that, too. While I wait for it to get here, I'll just try to figure out my new wireless remote tracking scary know-it-all mouse . . .

Photobucket

Eek.

Hope it doesn't freak me out!!!

Photobucket

Hey, are you in the Lexington, Kentucky area? If so, come see me this Friday, September 16th at 6 p.m. I'll be HERE!!!

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Photobucket CLICK HERE to find out about Lisa's newest book, WARP SPEED!!!

Are you an American Girl KANANI fan? If so, here's a free online story I wrote about Kanani!!!

Lisa Yee
Follow LisaYee1 on Twitter








Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com




Site Meter