Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hubba Bubba Bubblegum Alley!!!

It seems like I'm traveling all the time these days. Probably because I am traveling all the time these days.

Photobucket

Recently I boarded the train to San Luis Obipso, CA.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I got there a day ahead of the SCBWI workshop I was teaching, so I was able to do a little exploring . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

It was so cool to see the retro theater and all the coffee bars. In WARP SPEED, Marley's family runs the old Rialto Theater and I did lots of research.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

However, the San Luis Obispo highlight for me and my Peep was this . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Can you tell what that stuff is? Here's a closer view . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

It's CHEWED GUM!!!!! Yes, I stumbled across the famed Bubblegum Alley . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

We were careful not to slip and fall, or else we'd be stuck there forever.

In STANFORD WONG FLUNKS BIG-TIME, Stanford has a gum encounter at the library . . .

Photobucket

So what do you think? Beautiful or gross? Or, maybe, both?

And for those of you who love gum and can't get enough, Peepy and I videoed Bubblegum Alley . . .


Next blog, what went on inside here . . .

Photobucket

BTW, got an iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch or iWhatever? If so, there's a free game app featuring Kanani, the Hawaiian girl I wrote about for American Girl! CLICK HERE for your free app!

Going to the National Book Festival? If so, come see me on Sunday at 1 p.m. at the Target Stage!!

Photobucket

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Photobucket CLICK HERE to find out about Lisa's newest book, WARP SPEED!!!

Are you an American Girl KANANI fan? If so, here's a free online story I wrote about Kanani in New York!!

Lisa Yee
Follow LisaYee1 on Twitter









Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com




Site Meter