Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Three Authors and an Editor and a Flea

Thanks to my nifty Time Machine, even though I am back in Southern California, I'm still in NYC!

Photobucket

Yes, after that rousing KidLit Drink Night, the next day was devoted to more food and fun! Why? Because I rendezvoused with these mystery guys . . .

Photobucket
(You are looking at the shoes of three authors and an editor.)

You are correct! It's amazing author Phil Bildner and amazing Disney senior editor Kevin Lewis.

Kevin's one of those classic over-achievers and is also an author. In fact, he wrote one of Son's favorite books when he was younger (um, that is when both Son and Kevin were younger).

Photobucket

Where did we meet? Why here, of course . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Excuse me? But where exactly is that, you ask.

Why, it's the Brooklyn Flea -- as in flea market!

There was so much to see, and it was great because the three of us love looking at old books!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(Fun fact: Kevin was the editor of Tony DiTerlizzi's SPIDER AND THE FLY)

There was no shortage of great food . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Peepy liked the donuts best . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

On the topic of donuts, recently it was National Donut Day!!! Of course, I did my part to support this non-partisan food fest. It was, after all, my patriotic duty.

Photobucket

Oops. We digressed. Back to Brooklyn.

I had the pulled pork sandwich and fresh watermelon juice . . .

Photobucket

Fortified, we continued our exploration . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

It was all well and good, until Kevin's obsession with large vintage metal object became too much for Phil to handle . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I would have to say that I side with Kevin on this. Given what my office looks like, and all. I mean, one can't have too much stuff, right?

Photobucket

Luckily, by the end of the day (ice cream helped) we were all friends again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Speaking of Warp Speed (pretend we were!), here are some really cool things people have been saying about it. Click HERE and HERE to see.

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Photobucket

Do you love Young Adult novels? Then come join me and other authors, bloggers and educatiors on June 25th at Vroman's in Pasadena! CLICK HERE for more info.

Follow Lisa on Twitter by CLICKING HERE.

Lisa Yee









height=26 width=132 alt="Google Groups">

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com



Site Meter