Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Halloween Happenings and Camp Read-a-Loud

Peepy and I had a lovely Halloween, thankyouverymuch. (Although she insisted on wearing ALL her costumes that evening.)

Photobucket

We even gave out some books disguised as candy!

Photobucket
(Oh wait. I hope no one tried to eat them.)

Of course, Halloween wouldn't be Halloween without my dear friend, author David LaRochelle and his amazing pumpkins! Look at what he created this year . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Halloween wasn't the only fun we had last week! We were invited to Clairbourn School's Camp Read-a-Lot . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

It was held in conjunction with their annual Book Fair . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Peepy had to be reminded not to get too close to the fire when she was roasting marshmallows!

Photobucket

The last time I was at Clairbourn School, I had lunch with Academy Award winner (and school parent) Marlee Matlin . . .
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(BTW, not only is she super nice, but she had the most amazing skin.)

So, I wondered if I would be having lunch with another actor/actress again this year?

Anyway, it was so fun talking to all the students in grades five, six, seven and eight . . .
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

It was also a blast because my good friend Betty Birney was there speaking to the lower grades. Plus, it's always wonderful to see Anita Knight, the awesome school librarian . . .

Photobucket Photobucket
(Anita has a set of these cool author autograph books.)

Then it was time for lunch. When I walked into the library, it had been transformed into a cool camp (with catering!)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

(Oh man, if I ever went to place like that, with books and caterers, I wouldn't have cried at camp.)

But here's the BEST part. LOOK! LOOK! LOOK who was there to have lunch with me . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Yes! Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy!!!! Swoon.

We spent the rest of the day together, and he even told me that he read all my books . . .
Photobucket

When it was time to leave, we could not be parted. So now, he's in my office to offer me encouragement when I write . . .
Photobucket

However, Son thinks that Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy is a distraction . . .
Photobucket

Thanks, Clairbourn, for Mr. Darcy and the fine swag . . .
Photobucket

Okay. Gotta go now. The Toymaker sent me this candid photo, so I have to go stare at it for hours . . .
Photobucket

Oh wait! One more thing. If you're in the Chicago area, come by and see me on Monday, November 8th. I'll be at the Vernon Area Public Library! CLICK HERE and scroll down for details!

Photobucket

Live in or near St. Louis? I'll be at the St Louis Public Library, Schlafly Branch, on Wednesday, November 10 from 6 - 7 p.m. And get this . . . they will be giving away FREE copies of ABSOLUTELY MAYBE and STANFORD WONG FLUNKS BIG-TIME, while supplies last. CLICK HERE for more info.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want some fun? CLICK HERE to visit the Lisa Yee and Son YouTube Channel.

Lisa Yee









height=26 width=132 alt="Google Groups">

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com



Site Meter