Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peepy Gets Dallas-Styled

Recently, my Peep and I flew from Minneapolis to Dallas for our American Girl, KANANI, book tour . . .

Photobucket

The flight was a nice one, especially since 1) there was no one sitting next to us, and 2) I was reading an ARC (advanced readers copy) of Jeanne Birdsall's new THE PENDERWICKS AT POINT MOUETTE. (It's brilliant, and I'm trying to read it slowly to savor each page.)

Photobucket Photobucket
(See that man in the photo. I'll bet he was sooooo jealous that I had the book and he didn't.)

Our hotel was IN the Dallas Galleria, and there was an ice skating rink there. Even though I had my blizzard clothes all packed, I decided not to do triple sawcows (or whatever they are called) on the ice . . .

Photobucket

I had a WONDERFUL dinner at this brand new place called Grand Lux Cafe, and liked it so much that I ate there the next day, too . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(Later my waitress told me that it's not new, it's a chain that The Cheesecake Factory is rolling out. If they ask me to be the spokesmodel for it, I will.)

The Dallas American Girl Store ordered spectacular weather for me, and it was in the 70's!
Photobucket Photobucket

We had a great time . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Peepy was particularly pleased because she got to explore the store and hang out with her friends . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

As you know, Peepy loves to be pampered. She was thrilled to see the salon, and immediately made an appointment . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

We didn't think it was possible, but Chris made Peeps look even more beautiful than normal . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Afterward, Peepy was so exhausted (beauty is hard work), she took a nap . . .

Photobucket

NEXT BLOG: Visiting Atlanta, Georgia!

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

PLACES I WILL BE SOON, AND HOPE YOU WILL BE, TOO . . .

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Here's the video invite for the WARP SPEED and BOBBY THE BRAVE (SOMETIMES) Launch Party . . .


BTW, here's a LA TIMES review of books about bullies, and WARP SPEED is included!

Live in the Boston area? I'll be at the Natick American Girl store this Friday. Plus, I'll be signing WARP SPEED and my other books at The Blue Bunny Books and Toys this Saturday, February 26th at 11 am. in Dedham, MA.

If you're in the Los Angeles area, stop by my book signing at Apostrophe in Long Beach, CA on April 2nd.

Lisa Yee









height=26 width=132 alt="Google Groups">

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com



Site Meter