Sunday, March 25, 2012

Writing Books - Taking Notes

A recent blog we covered, HOW I WRITE BOOKS . . .





And the blogs before that covered, I LOVE SCRIVENER BECAUSE IT TIDIES UP MY MESSES . . .

Photobucket

And before that there was a blog about FREEDOM, the amazing thingy that helps tame my internet addiction . . .

Photobucket

So, in keeping with the STUFF I DO WHEN I WRITE theme, there's this . . .

Photobucket

Oops. Ignore that. That was the drawer where I keep the cords and cables from old cellphones, et al. that I don't know what to do with because they might be important someday.

Let's try again, shall we? There's this . . .

Photobucket

Um. Okay. "What's that?" you ask, or I ask, or Johnny Depp asks, or Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy asks . . .

Photobucket

Well, let me tell all of you. Those are my NOTES!!!

Yes, NOTES!!!

Notes.

Photobucket

Why? Because I have this insane scary ability to remember my childhood, including my best friend from second grade's phone number . . .

Photobucket
(Above: Me, making memories back then that I remember now.)

Yet, I cannot recall yesterday . . .

Photobucket

So I have to take NOTES!!! when an idea hits me. I write them all down, and after I transfer them to my computer, I rip them out and skewer them (see above), or I cross them out in the small, but delightful, notebooks I have.

How many small, but delightful, notebooks do you have, you ask, or I ask, or Nathan Fillion asks?

Photobucket

A lot. Here's a brief tour of some of them,

I really like this brand, called Pocket Pads - aria, and I buy them in bulk . . .

Photobucket

After I use up one, I write on the cover and keep them forever so that they can become a burden to me . . .

Photobucket
(That says "retired." I know, I know. Handwriting was the only time I ever got a "C" in school.)

I'm no snob, and I also use other brands . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

I use bigger notebooks when I know I'm going to write a lot . . .

Photobucket

Now, since I never know where (and why) an idea might smack me in the head, I leave these notebooks and pads of paper scattered everywhere I am, was, and will be. For example, these are in my car . . .

Photobucket

Police, please take note: I am a safety-first kind of driver, so if the car is in motion, I have my dog jot down notes for me . . .

Photobucket

Look! More notepads, this time in the basement . . .

Photobucket

These are next to my bed . . .

Photobucket

There's aways at least one in my purse . . .

Photobucket

(There's even a pad of paper in the bathroom.)

Photobucket

Sometimes, I have ideas that I don't know where they are supposed to belong. (Egads, was that even a sentence?) Like, maybe they're for future stories. If so, they get their own special place . . .

Photobucket

Now, with all these pads of paper and notebooks floating around, I need pens, right? My favorites are Pilot G2s . . .

Photobucket

But I have others . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And if you are like me and have an office supply problem, then you have lots of paper clips, binder clips, fasteners . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

What was that???? Oh, those are earplugs for times when certain-people-who-shall-not-be-named are too loud and you cannot hear yourself/myself thinking . . .

Photobucket

Here's another view of the office supply portion of my desk . . .

Photobucket

And so, now you know!

Okay, what's top of mind right now? Correct! I'm thinking of working on my speech for the Virginia Hamilton Conference at Kent State next month. . .

Photobucket


===========================

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want to check out Lisa's NEW AND IMPROVED website? SImply CLICK HERE.

Interested in having Lisa speak at your school, library or conference? CLICK HERE for more information.

Upcoming Events . . .

Photobucket

On March 31, I'll be in Northampton, MA for the River's Family Music Meltdown and Book Bash. To hear a radio promo of the event, CLICK HERE.

Photobucket

In April, you can find me here . . .

Photobucket

Lisa Yee
Follow LisaYee1 on Twitter









Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com




Site Meter