Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Bonjour Bakersfield, Library Mosaic, Girl Scouts and Aah, Fudge!

Wednesday was World Read Aloud Day. So that's what we did, Puppy and me . . .
Photobucket
Above: Puppy reads from one of my books.

Wait, weren't you just in Vancouver, you ask. Or someone asked. Or maybe, I asked.

Why yes! But then, I came home, went to the doctor, got the Z-pak and then drove to Bakersfield, CA . . .

Photobucket

Of course, everyone knows why Bakersfield is so famous. Yes, that's right. It's the hometown of Buck Owens, Puppy and author extraordinaire Pam Munoz Ryan . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I was there to visit the students at Buena Vista Elementary . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Peepy and I went to auditorium to set up, plus she tested the mike . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Then, while I was blowing my nose (I was/still am recovering from that cold-thing that everyone has), Peepy explored . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Soon it was time to speak grades 1 - 6 . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

We had such a wonderful time -- thank you Buena Vista Parent Club for sponsoring our visit!!!

After, I joined Daddy in a Strange Land's Jason Sperber and his daughters at Moo Creamery for lunch.

Photobucket Photobucket

The last time we saw Jason, was at Skylight Book's Rad Dad night . . .

Photobucket Photobucket
(Explanation: Though I am not a Rad Dad, I was invited to join them and read from BOBBY VS. GIRLS (ACCIDENTALLY) since it features a Rad Dad.)

What was that? Mosaic? Did someone just yell "MOSAIC AT THE SOUTH PASADENA LIBRARY?" (Pretend you heard it, too.)

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Doesn't that look cool? It's in the Children's Department and created by the same artist who did the mosaics at the Alhambra Public Library. We spoke at the library's Grand Opening a couple-ish years ago. Here's the artist, Jolino Bessera . . .

Photobucket

You may have noticed that billions of Girl Scout cookies unleashed into the world recently . . .

Photobucket

So then, it's only fitting that we blog about one of my local Girl Scout troops. Yes, Peepy and I were invited to Career Day to talk about what it's like to be a super famous Peep (and an author) . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And finally, since this blog seems to be sort of non sequitur-ish, let's talk fudge, shall we?

I had THE BEST FUDGE EVER . . .

Photobucket

It was a gift from Marjorie Coughlan one of the editors at PaperTigers.org.. We met at the Serendipity Conference in Vancouver and she brought it over from The Toffee Shop in the U.K.

Yum!!!!!!!

----------------------


Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want to check out Lisa's NEW AND IMPROVED website? SImply CLICK HERE.

Interested in having Lisa speak at your school, library or conference? CLICK HERE for more information.

Upcoming Events . . .

On March 17, I'll be at LitFest Pasadena. Then March 31, I'll be in Northampton, MA for the River's Family Music Meltdown and Book Bash, and in April, you can find me here . . .

Photobucket

Lisa Yee
Follow LisaYee1 on Twitter








Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com




Site Meter