Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Scholastic-ing in San Diego + The Dessert Games

My Peep and I saw THE HUNGER GAMES movie on the first day it was released . . .

Photobucket

Well, I did. She was too young, so she stayed in my purse. After all, someone had to hand me the tissues.

Photobucket

Later, we decided to play a totally different kind of Hunger Games. That's because we were in San Diego for the National Center on Family Literature Conference . . .

Photobucket

What did we play? Why we played the DESSERT GAMES!!! Just take a look . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

What did we order from Extraordinary Desserts?

Photobucket

Why this . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

Was it great? Well, yes!!!! Later, we strolled through the neighborhood . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

And then headed to our hotel. Luckily we got in before the rain!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The next morning was GORGEOUS . . .

Photobucket

Peepy registered for the NCFL conference and then we headed to our Scholastic book signing . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Copies of WARP SPEED were given out for the wonderful price of FREE!!!

Photobucket



It was fun taking to everyone. Plus, I brought along my little Moo cards that I use instead of bookmarks and biz cards . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

After the signing, I had a chance to walk the conference floor . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I even signed the Right to Literacy petition . . .

Photobucket

What a wonderful time!

Photobucket


===========================

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want to check out Lisa's NEW AND IMPROVED website? SImply CLICK HERE.

Interested in having Lisa speak at your school, library or conference? CLICK HERE for more information.

Upcoming Events . . .

Photobucket

On March 31 at 1:40 p.m., I'll be onstage in Northampton, MA for the River's Family Music Meltdown and Book Bash. To hear a radio promo of the event, CLICK HERE.

Photobucket

In April, you can find me here . . .

Photobucket

Lisa Yee
Follow LisaYee1 on Twitter









Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com




Site Meter