Sunday, March 18, 2012

How I Write Books - The Movie

Okay, so you know that I cannot write without SCRIVENER, as documented HERE and HERE . . .

Photobucket
(Above: The mysterious Keith Blount, the man behind Scrivener.)

And you know that I absolutely need FREEDOM to ease my internet addiction, as documented HERE.

Photobucket
(Above: Jane Austen tells me to get off the internet.)

But the actual writing of a book? How do you do that, you ask. Or rather, the International Reading Association (a.k.a. IRA, the non-controversial one) asked.

Photobucket

More specifically, Lara Zeises, author and IRA-er, invited me to create a video for ENGAGE and talk about my writing process.

Photobucket


Hmmmm . . . a video about how, when and where I write?

Photobucket
(Above: Where.)

In a former life, I used to write and produce commercials, plus I also was a writer/producer at Walt Disney World.

Photobucket

So contacted the best director/editor in the industry, and we got started.

Son and I brainstormed the script and then we shot on location in a single day . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And because this is a totally true and realistic and honest account of my writing process, actual, not-fake or Ketchup-y blood, was spilled . . .

Photobucket

What was it like taking direction from your own Son, you ask? Why, it was a breeze. So fun and easy . . .

Photobucket

Here's the Oscar-worthy video -- HOW I WRITE BOOKS . . .





Or you can CLICK HERE to watch.




----------------------


Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want to check out Lisa's NEW AND IMPROVED website? SImply CLICK HERE.

Interested in having Lisa speak at your school, library or conference? CLICK HERE for more information.

Upcoming Events . . .

On March 31, I'll be in Northampton, MA for the River's Family Music Meltdown and Book Bash. To hear a radio promo of the event, CLICK HERE.

Photobucket

In April, you can find me here . . .

Photobucket

Lisa Yee
Follow LisaYee1 on Twitter









Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com




Site Meter