Sunday, December 04, 2011

Setting Sail for the Caribbean

Where to begin? Where to begin? Well, maybe I'll just begin with this . . .

Photobucket

It's hard to believe that Peepy and I are back from our American Girl 25th Birthday Cruise to the Caribbean!

A few months ago I got a phone call inviting me to participate in the birthday celebration. Oh, and it's on a cruise ship, I was told. It took me all of .001 seconds to say, "YES!"

First we flew to Miami and then boarded the Celebrity Eclipse . . .
Photobucket

The ship was huge and utterly gorgeous . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I especially loved the American Girl Lounge where girls could drop by anytime to do crafts . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And look! There was a library on board . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

I was allowed to bring a guest, so since there were so many mothers and daughters onboard, it was only fitting that I bring Teen. Here she is with me and American Girl authors Mary Casanova and Valerie Tripp . . .

Photobucket

In honor of Kanani, the 2011 Girl of the Year, there was a spectacular luau . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Here's a time lapse of guests gathering before I went on stage . . .

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

The audience was so enthusiastic, I felt like a rock star!!!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Every girl got a copy of ALOHA, KANANI (and their dolls got grass skirts and other goodies). It was fun signing the books and meeting the girls . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Every night before bed the girls got a special gift. Here's Peepy with one of her presents -- a Peep-sized bed . . .

Photobucket

Next Blog: Another hard day at the office . . .

Photobucket

BTW, here's what happened in my home town this week. Yes, I returned just in time for the hurricane-like winds and destruction.






Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Photobucket CLICK HERE to find out about Lisa's newest book, WARP SPEED!!!

Interested in having Lisa speak at your school, library or conference? CLICK HERE for more information.

Lisa Yee
Follow LisaYee1 on Twitter









Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com




Site Meter