Sunday, March 27, 2011

Talking at ARTTalk and Carver Kids

Okay, so I'm here right now . . .
Photobucket Photobucket

Yes! Kaua'i!!! And I'll be blogging about that soon. However, I'm oh-so-behind on where I've been, and trying to play catch-up. Therefore . . .

Earlier this month, Peepy and I paid a visit to Carver Elementary School in San Marino, CA . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

We were greeted by a big banner, lots of awesome posters, and Domo . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
(Above: A Domo.)

Talk about enthusiasm!

Photobucket Photobucket

When I asked "Batman? Star Trek? Or Star Wars?" (In WARP SPEED, Marley Sandelski and his friends argue about which is best.)

Photobucket Photobucket

The answer was overwhelmingly . . . STAR WARS. (Yet when I visited Burton Middle School, they were solidly Batman.)

Our visit was hosted by San Marino Toy and Book Shoppe. Here's our friend Candace selling WARP SPEED, and other books o' mine. The line was so long that it went around the moon! Maybe.

Photobucket Photobucket

A couple of days later, I took part in Boston Court's ARTTalk . . .

Photobucket

It was a day-long spoken word marathon. While I read from some of my books, Peepy explored backstage, and then snuck into the Green Room and feasted on the snacks . . .

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

BTW, Boston Court is not in Boston, it's in Pasadena!

So, stay tuned for wonderful weather . . . next blog -- HAWAII!!!

Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

CLICK HERE to win a FREE copy of WARP SPEED!!!

Photobucket
Lisa Yee









height=26 width=132 alt="Google Groups">

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com



Site Meter