Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Mother Daughter Book Party . . .

Are you a mom? Do you know a mom? Did you have a mom? How about a daughter? Are you a daughter? Do you have a daughter? Do you know a daughter? If so, read on . . .

Last week was the third annual Mother Daughter Book Party at Flintridge Bookstore & Coffeehouse . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
(Um, part of the sign got cut off because -- because Peepy was goofing off and distracted me.)

The first time I was part of this event, it took place off-site . . .

Photobucket

That's because a four-wheeler truck had crashed into the center of the bookstore and demolished it. Here's a photo of when I had taught a writing workshop at the old location, and what it looked like about one month later . . .



Happily, a new bookstore was been built and has been up and running!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

It even has two espresso machines. One for printing books (Espresso Book Machine) and for pouring coffee . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

BTW, I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but I have started drinking COFFEE!!! on a regular basis, and I'm not sure what the big deal is. It doesn't affect me in any way . . .

Photobucket

Anyway, back to books. Before we started, Peepy and I chatted with Susan Patron, Janet Tashjian and Catherine Linka, the children's books buyer and mastermind behind the event. We discussed particle/wave duality and the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum theory . . .

Photobucket

In case you weren't able to eavesdrop on us, I've diagramed the conversation for you . . .

Photobucket

Here we are with Kathleen O'Dell and Kathryn Fitzmaurice . . .

Photobucket

The authors were in different areas of the store. Oh, look! There's Lee Wardlaw and friends, and Kathryn getting ready . . .

Photobucket Photobucket

I was in the back of the store, and Catherine The Bookseller (for the record, there was a Catherine the bookseller, and authors Kathy, Kathleen and Kathryn there), said I was "the milk."

Photobucket

I wasn't sure what that meant, but she went on to explain that in a grocery store the milk is always in the back because people gravitate toward it!!!

Photobucket

We had over 80 moms and daughters attend! Here are some of girls I spoke to . . .

Photobucket

I loved being the milk!
Photobucket

Speaking of typos (pretend we were), here's a lovely little Storycorp video that shows us that not all typos are bad . . .



NEXT BLOG: My private personal lunch with Colin Firth.

Photobucket

----------------------


Disclaimer: No proofreaders were harmed (or even used) in the creation of this blog.

Want to check out Lisa's NEW AND IMPROVED website? SImply CLICK HERE.

Interested in having Lisa speak at your school, library or conference? CLICK HERE for more information.

Upcoming Events . . .

This month, I'll be in Austin, TX for the SCBWI Regional Conference and I'll also be in Vancouver for the Serendipity Conference . . .
Photobucket
Photobucket

In March, I'll be at LitFest Pasadena, and in April, you can find me here . . .

Photobucket

Lisa Yee
Follow LisaYee1 on Twitter









Google Groups

Subscribe to Lisa Yee's Blog and get her fresh baked blogs e-mailed to you!

Email:


Or you can click this for a RSS feed...http://www.wikio.com




Site Meter